Causes of Arthritis Pain in Cats
- Arthritis pain in cats is due to a life filled with jumping, running and chasing. The old body just wears down. The joints get stiff and it can be downright painful to be your cat and to getting old.
- Arthritis progressively destroys the joint cartilage over time and can severely inhibit the lifestyle and physical capabilities of your pet.
- Some cats are prone to arthritic problems because of genetics.
Home Remedies and Treatments of Arthritis Pain in Cats
- Your cat depends on your home remedies and treatments to make him feel better. You need to be able to recognize when he is in pain and not just chalk it off to old age.
- You may notice your cat doesn’t jump up in your lap so much or climb the stairs to get to your room. These may be signs that it is painful to do those fun things he used to.
- Take notice of weather changes and how your cat responds physically. Cold, damp weather seems to make symptoms worse with this degenerative joint disease.
- Non steroid pain meds may be indicated as well as steroids to lessen inflammation at the joints.
- Many pet owners are not comfortable using steroids in cats because of their side effects.
- Glucosamine helps to restore cartilage at the joints.
- If you cat is suffering from lower back pain, read lower back pain in cats and its treatment.
- A medical procedure of literally freezing the joints may be suggested for chronic arthritis in cats.
- Home remedies to help your feline with pain include feverfew, licorice, ginger and cayenne. These herbs act as anti inflammatory agents and have been effective in naturally treating the pain of arthritis in cats.
- Joint Pain in Cats: Causes and Treatments for Cat Joint Pain Relief
- Leg Pain in Cats: Causes, Remedies and Treatments for Cat’s Foot Pain
- Home Remedies for Degenerative Hip Pain in Cats
- Muscle Pain in Dogs: Symptoms, Causes and Natural Home Remedies
- Symptoms of Feline Ear Infections and Its Natural Relief Remedy