Finding the Right Cat Toothpaste
Toothpaste for pets is not going to be the same as toothpaste used by humans. Most human toothpaste are flavored with menthol or and mint. These are flavors that a cat may not be familiar with and as a result, reject it.
Where to Find Toothpaste
- Feline toothpaste or toothpaste for other pets are usually flavorless or are flavored with meat or any other flavor that the animal is familiar with.
- Vets will most likely carry a variety of toothpastes.
- Some pet stores also carry a number of brands
- The pet section of department t store will also have some a selection for cat owners to choose from.
Choosing a Toothpaste
- It is important to try out different toothpaste brands in order to determine what a cat likes best.
- Keep in mind that owners may have to go through one or two brands before settling on one brand favored by their pets.
- Owners should try out small toothpaste tubes to save on money if they still do not know what kind of toothpaste their cat likes.
Homemade Cat Toothpaste
- There are a lot of cat toothpaste recipes that owners can try out on their cats.
- Some recipes are available online, but cat owners may also try asking their vet for some recipe ideas.
- When using homemade toothpaste, it is important to keep the flavor neutral or add some flavors that their cat likes.
Home Dental Care Equipment
- There are tooth brushes similar to those used to clean a human baby’s teeth that owners can use on their cats.
- Gauze wrapped around the index finger may also substitute in the absence of a brush.
When brushing a cat’s teeth, it is important to gradually introduce the animal to the procedure. Restraining the cat may be needed during the first few tries.Related Posts:
- Dog Toothpaste Ingredients: How To Make Homemade Toothpaste Recipes
- How to Make Your Cat Love You: Tips to Make Your Cat Happy and Nicer
- Dog (Canine) Teeth Cleaning Risks: How Much Dental Cleaning Cost
- How to Make your Cat Stop Peeing on the Floor, Furniture and Carpet
- Behavioral problems in Cats and Solutions to Abnormal Feline Behavior