Signs of Feline Ear Infection
- Indication s of ear infection in cats can be as simple as seeing your cat tilting his head to one side or the other or pawing at the ears.
- There may be a foul odor coming from the ear.
- The ear may be red, swollen and tender to touch.
Causes of Otitis Externa in Cats
- Main Reasons of ear infections in cats can be hereditary, due to yeast or bacterial infection or be due to ear mite infestation.
- Other causes could be food or environmental allergies called atopy.
- Unbelievable as it may seem, food allergies related to the cat’s poor diet of all dry food can cause many problems with cat’s ears.
- The fillers in the food build up to toxic levels over time and create an allergic reaction, which in turn can cause bacterial or yeast infections which need prompt treatment. Pain can be a severe issue to the cat with infections.
- Yeast infections cause a brown waxy drainage, where mites leave behind a substance that looks like coffee grounds.
Natural Remedies You can Apply..
- Thorough ear cleaning is essential and you may be wise to do preventive ear cleaning weekly to prevent recurrences that cause your cat anguish.
- Cats ears have more of an L shape and the garbage likes to build up in he corners.
- Use white vinegar as an antiseptic, antibiotic like cleanser to break up all the gunk in there. Massage the base of the ear to break clumps up. When the cat shakes later, the excess fluid will be removed and you can swab with a cotton ball.
- Always consult a vet if there is severe pain. It is possible for a general ear cleaning to cause more damage if the inner ear has been injured by trauma.
- Dog Yeast Infections: Causes, Home Remedies and Natural Treatments
- Dog Gas Problems: Natural Home Remedies for Dog Gas Relief
- Stinky Dog Ears: Causes, Home Remedies and Natural Stinky Ears Treatments
- What Can Cause Mange in Cats? Home Remedies to Cure Feline Scabies
- Constipation in Cats: Causes, Natural Home Remedies and Treatment