Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism in Cats
- Symptoms of hyperthyroidism in cats may include that your senior cat is eating very well, but is losing weight, is restless, irritable, has a dull coat, sheds a lot, has increased thirst and a rapid pulse.
- The cat may have panting breathing as he is more sensitive to heat.
- There may be symptoms of vomiting or nausea.
- Ironically, some cats will show the exact opposite symptoms, being listless, lethargic, and have a loss of appetite. Blood tests are necessary to properly diagnose hyperthyroid conditions.
- Read what are the causes and treatment for Swollen Mammary Glands in Cats
- Causes and treatment for thyroid disease in labradors and hypothyroidism in labs. .
Natural Treatment and Cures of Hyperthyroidism in Cats
- There are natural treatments for hyperthyroidism in cats that helps to ease the symptoms.
- They are available in powder or granule form and be mixed in with the cats food. Always consult your vet for specific instructions regarding your cat and its personal medical history.
- Chammomila is used for relaxation of your hyper nervous pet.
- Read more about Aggression In Cats and how to manage it.
- Lycopus and Cratageous are used to slow down the rapid pulse, assist the effected circulatory system and help any associated breathing problems.
- Lycopus also helps with the dull coat and helps with shedding increases.
- Nux Vom is said to assist naturally with nausea and generally feelings of malaise. It also has a calming effect on cats that just don’t want to be touched.
- Lemon Balm decreases the amount of thyroid hormone that is put out by the body
- Sometimes doctors will give radioactive iodine, which seems to be the safest and quickest remedy) to solve the hyperactive thyroid problems.
- Radioactive iodine is generally given in one dose subcutaneously with no pain and no side effects. The cat will need monitoring for a short while afterwards.
- Many pet owners choose to follow natural and herbal treatments to maintain the health of their pets entire endocrine system especially since their pet afflicted with this condition is very old.
- Read more on treatment for Hip Pain In Cats
- Constipation in Cats: Causes, Natural Home Remedies and Treatment
- Worms in Cats: Symptoms, Natural Treatments and Home Remedies
- Car Sickness in Dogs: Home Remedies and Cures to Prevent Car Sickness
- Symptoms of Feline Ear Infections and Its Natural Relief Remedy
- Tapeworms in Cats: Symptoms, Treatment and Home Remedies