Causes of Mange in Cats
- Mange is a serious skin condition caused by female mites burrowing under the skin of the cat and forming tunnels to lay their eggs in. Over about 21 days, the hatched babies become adults and lay eggs of their own. It sounds painful and it certainly can be to your precious cat.
- This condition requires prompt and consistent treatment to avoid serious alterations to the skin and fur and to prevent secondary infections.
Symptoms of Feline Scabies
- Symptoms can be very irritating and painful if not dealt with promptly and consistently.
- Intense itching and scratching is to be expected with this frustrating condition in cats.
- Biting and licking and scratching is the way the cat tries to get some relief.
- The symptoms can be so severe that the cat creates secondary infections from breaking the skin open and exposing the area to warm moist conditions from licking.
- Patches of fur may be lost and bladed areas become sore and the skin gets very thick.
Home Cures for Mange in Cat
- You can help your cat to get through this terrible ordeal by trying some treatments for mange in cats.
- Give a regular bath first with a pinch of antibacterial soap and rinse well. Mix 1/2 bottle of peroxide to 2 1/2 gallons of water and some Borax soap together for a soothing and healing after bath treatment for mange in cats. Allow the mix to stay on the cat without rinsing.
- If the cat has mange near the eye area that needs treatment, pour a capful of vegetable oil in the eye to protect it as you sponge the borax and peroxide near the eye area.
- Use regular iodine for quick healing of bald, sore spots your cat has from licking and biting at his skin.
- Mange in Dogs: Symptoms, Treatments and Home Remedies for Dogs Mange
- Dog Rashes: Causes, Home Remedies and Treatments for Rash in Dogs
- Dog Hot Spots Allergies: Causes, Natural Home Remedies and Treatment
- Dog Health Remedies: Natural Tips and Home Remedies for Healthy Dogs
- Constipation in Cats: Causes, Natural Home Remedies and Treatment