Pumpkin Diet for Dogs and Pumpkin Contents
- Pumpkin diet promotes weight loss and weight maintenance in dogs. This also aids in good digestion and elimination.
- Pumpkins are full of nutrients that a lot of animals, especially dogs, need. These contain lutein and beta-carotene that are good for the eye, immune system and skin. They also have iron and potassium which are known to be beneficial for the blood.
- Aside from beta-carotene and lutein, pumpkins are also full of vitamins K, E and C as well as other antioxidants and phytochemicals. These are also rich in various minerals such as essential fatty acids, iron, copper, potassium, zinc, magnesium and manganese.
Pumpkin Treats for Dogs
Pumpkin treats can be made easily at home. This is a healthy means of pampering one’s dog. Here is a homemade pumpkin recipe for dogs:
- Ingredients needed:
- Cookie sheet for oven use
- A quarter cup water
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1-2 cups white flour or whole wheat.
- Oil the cookie sheet while pre-heating the oven to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl, and then mix them well together. The mixture should have a cookie dough consistency.
- Make cookie doughs using a spoon and place it on top of the oiled sheet. Positioned these about an inch away from each other.
- Bake these for about 15 minutes. Notice that the cookies are hard enough.
- Cool the cookies down for 2 to 3 hours.
- This can make 12-15 pumpkin cookies which can be given as treats to dogs.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Diet for Dogs
- Diarrhea – Pumpkins contain soluble fibers that absorb the extra fluids which the system did not take up. In effect, diarrhea is controlled.
- Constipation – Pumpkins are rich in fiber and water which can hydrate and soften stools for easy elimination.
- Weight reduction – While providing the essential vitamins and nutrients that the dogs needs, pumpkins also aid in losing weight because these are full of fiber and are low in fat and calories.
- Overall wellness – Because pumpkins are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients, dogs eating these can enhance their fur, skin and overall health.
- Overweight Dogs Health and Diet Problems: Learn How To Overcome
- Boswellia for Dogs: Health Benefits and Side Effects Of Boswellia Herb
- Older Dogs health problems: Caring For Older Dogs with Health Issues
- Homemade Healthy And Nutritious Dog Snacks and Recipes: How To Prepare
- Natural Laxatives For Dogs: Constipation Treatment and Home Remedies