Boswellia For Dogs
Boswellia is an herb used to treat pain and inflammation in the body. It has been used for centuries already and has been proven to cure several ailments in dogs.
- Boswellia can be given to dogs without prescription because it is an herbal medication. However, pet owners must bear in mind that there are also risks in using the herbal medicine to dogs. There are certain side effects that could be deadly to some dogs. Thus, it is important to consult a vet before administering the product on the dog.
- Dosage depends upon dog species and size. Large dogs can handle a large amount of boswellia while small dogs can have an overdose on that same amount. To make sure that the herb is effective yet safe on the pets, the recommended dosage is 10 to 20 mg per kilogram weight of the dog.
- Also read Also read benefits of cinnamon for dogs
- Administering boswellia is quite easy. Just measure the appropriate amount for the pet and add it to a normal portion of dog food. This is done daily until the dog is healed.
- Anti-inflammation. The plant and is derivatives have been shown to have anti inflammatory properties. As an anti inflammatory agent, the herb is used to treat intestinal inflammation and skin diseases.
- It can also be used to treat diarrhea, colitis, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- It is also used as treatment for arthritis without the associated risks that often come with anti arthritis medications. It can reduce stiffness and pain in the joints.
Boswellia Side Effects
Side effects from the use of boswellia are rare.
- Stomach discomfort;
- Stomach pain;
- Swollen skin;
- Difficulty in breathing.