What is Colloidal Silver?
- Colloidal silver is a liquid solution of silver
- It is created by inserting silver electrodes into water and running a charge trough it
- It is used to treat certain diseases on both humans and in pets
- It is claimed that colloidal silver can be used with over 650 diseases
Colloidal Silver Uses in Canine
Antimicrobial Treatment – Substituting colloidal silver as an antibacterial treatment is very common. It can treat all sorts of infections including
- Viral – It can be used to treat systemic viral infections as well as localized ones (e.
- Fungal – Colloidal silver can be used to treat fungal infections of the skin including ringworm and fungal dermatitis
- Bacterial – It can be used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, the eyes, etc.
- In some cases, it is also used to treat parasitic infestations.
- Dogs who are receiving conventional medication may also receive colloidal silver on the side.
Antiseptic Uses – Colloidal silver may also be used as an antiseptic for the following
The product may also be used to flush out a dog’s eyes or his ear canals.
Colloidal silver has also been used to augment wound bandages in order to minimize the chances of infection.
Colloidal Silver Dosage for Dogs
- Healthy Dogs – Colloidal silver given as a maintenance or supplementation once a day, the amounts are
- Small: 10ml
- Medium: 10ml to 15ml
- Large: 10ml to 20ml
- Ill Dogs – Doses given twice a day
- Small: 10ml
- Medium: 30 ml
- Large: 40ml to 50ml
It is recommended to consult a veterinarian before giving colloidal silver to dogs.