Causes of Dandruff in Dogs
- Dandruff in dogs is no different than dandruff in humans. The skin lacks moisture. It is simply white, flaky patches of dead skin. Most times it comes from not having enough fat in the diet, but sometimes it can be caused by allergies or parasites.
Home Remedies and Treatments and Cures for Dandruff in Dogs
- Be sure your dog does not have an allergy to corn fillers that may be part of his food.
- You can add a little flaxseed oil to the dogs food to decrease dandruff in dogs. One tablespoon is generally enough to provide for any nutritional deficiencies.
- Be sure to groom your dog regularly. A good brushing daily helps remove the flakes and stimulates brand new skin cell growth. Brushing also helps to distribute oils evenly through the fur and on the skin. This will prevent further dryness, itching and flaking. It is an easy remedy for dandruff in dogs and also promotes a healthy interaction between you and your pet on a regular basis.
- Bathing your dog too often can contribute to the dry skin and itching associated to dogs with dandruff.
- Keeping the skin and body hydrated is essential to dogs with dandruff. Be sure there is a fresh supply of cool water readily available to your dog at all times.
- Exercise is vitally important too. It is believed that the dandruff in dogs can be cured with a consistent routine of exercise and brushing.
- Home Remedies and treatment for Dandruff In Cats
- Dog Flu Remedies: Home Remedies and Natural Treatment for Dog Flu
- Coughing In Dogs: Causes, Home Remedies and Treatment for Dog Cough
- Dog Dander Allergies: Causes and Home Remedies for Dog Dander Removal
- Fever in Dogs: Causes, Symptoms and Home Remedies for Dog’s Fever
- Natural Treatment of Bad Breath in Dogs: Cure the Halitosis in Canines