Tips for Dogs Skin Irritation
- Keeping a dog’s immune system in tip top shape can significantly decrease many dog skin irritations.
- Good health works from the inside.
- Vitamin A is very beneficial to skin health. Include carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes in your dogs daily diet to help prevent dog skin irritations.
- Remember that the skin, being the largest organ, is constantly working to help remove wastes from the body. The skin is prone to allergens.
- Keep your dog hydrated. Have fresh cool water readily available at all times.
- Make sure dog bedding is kept fresh and cleaned regularly. Old, dead skin cells are constantly being shed and the dander is moist and can accumulate quickly attracting mold, bugs and other critters that can cause added dog skin irritations.
- Causes and treatment for Dog Allergies Itching
- Read how to deal with side effects of frontline for cats
Natural Home Remedies and Treatment for Dog Skin Irritation
- A wholesome nutritious natural diet with plenty of raw, fresh ingredients is key to a healthy immune system, which in turn will decrease the occurrence of irritations.
- poor grooming such as matted and tangled fur.
- Fatty acids have natural anti inflammatory effects. One of the best remedies for dog skin irritations is to make sure the diet is rich in fatty acids and fish oils to decrease skin irritations, calm inflammation, and decrease itching in your dog.
- Keep fleas and bugs away by adding 4-5 teaspoons of white vinegar to your dogs drinking water. This is a natural bug and flea repellent. This will help reduce bites, scratching, and inflammation.
- Add some vinegar to the bath water or rinse water of your dog for added protection against pesky fleas and bugs that like to cause skin irritations.
- A cup of oatmeal in the bath water helps to soothe inflammation, and moisturize dry skin.
- If you keep localized irritations under control, you can spare your dog a lot of discomfort if they take over large areas of the skin. Consistent bathing, a good brushing daily, and plenty of water are three very simple steps that can go a long way to prevent major dog skin irritation issues later.
- Home remedies and treatment for dog skin parasites