Causes of Yeast Infections in Dogs
- Many times these potentially dangerous infections are misdiagnosed as simple allergies.
- Poor diet is a main cause of yeast infections in dogs.
- It is being reported more and more, that a nutritious dog’s diet has everything to do with preventing yeast and fungal issues in dogs. It all starts with the diet.
- Yeast infections can occur outside the body as a result of hot spots and prolonged warm moist environment from the dogs licking or inside the body from secondary infections.
- Eventually the stress from the overgrowth can tear little openings in the stomach and intestinal walls. This causes secretion of toxins into the whole body system creating a variety of symptoms. These symptoms can account for dry skin, itching, bladder and ear infections, and many skin and hair disorders.
Treatments and Home Remedies of Yeast Infection in Dogs
- It cannot be stressed enough how much of an influence a dogs diet is in preventing yeast issues.
- There are very simple treatments and home remedies of yeast infections in dogs. For starters, take control of what you are putting in your dogs body as nourishment. Avoid the grocery store brands of dog food that advertise quality. They may be less expensive in some cases, however in the long run, the proper food will prevent or minimize many common ailments and illnesses in dogs.
- If you see grains listed as a first ingredient, avoid that brand. Grains and fillers break down into sugars which feed fungus and yeast.
- Give lots of nourishing fruits and vegetables, whole grain foods with a supply of the essential fatty acids. Chicken, pork and pork are excellent sources of protein, and add a tablespoon of yogurt to each meal to add good bacteria. Diet and balance are key.
- It takes about 8 weeks for a dog to adjust to a diet change and to start seeing effects. Your dog can be on a healthier happier road starting today.
Cures for Dog Yeast Infections
- The main point to remember is to always strive for more good bacteria than bad in the system to keep the immune system at its optimum. There are no cures for dog yeast infections. The dog never really gets rid of yeast problems. It is about keeping a healthy balance.
- Diarrhea in Dogs: Causes, Treatments and Natural Home Remedies
- Stinky Dog Ears: Causes, Home Remedies and Natural Stinky Ears Treatments
- Fever in Dogs: Causes, Symptoms, Home Remedies and Natural Treatments
- Upset Stomach in Dogs: Causes, Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies
- Home Remedies for Ear Infection and Allergies in Dogs