Epsom Salt Bath for Dogs
The following are just some of the uses of Epsom salt on canines:
- Maintenance of anal sacs. Sometimes, anal sacs can be infected or become sore an itchy because of the accumulation of fluids in the sac. This happens when the dog’s stool is too soft that it could not exert enough pressure to empty the sac fully.
- Foot bath. This can help solve toe and paw problems such as flaking, inflammation, and irritation.
- Itchy skin. Epsom salt can solve itchiness due to insect bites and allergies.
- Open sores can also be treated with Epsom salt.
Things to Remember
- Epsom salt can cause diarrhea; thus, it is important to keep the dog from drinking or linking the bath or medication applied when using epsom salt for dogs.
- When soaking and in bathing the dog, it is important that the Epsom salt is dissolved in warm water and used warm for it to be effective.
- In case of infections, side effects or if the symptoms persist, brings the dog to the vet.