Symptoms of Constipation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Stomach Aches And Pains
Causes of Grain Allergies in Dogs
- The problem with grains is that they are not whole proteins. They are missing 8 essential amino acids. Commercial dog food companies use them because they are good fillers, but they are not good for your dog.
- Also read sneezing causes and treatment for dog
- Grains can include wheat, soy and corn. One of the theories behind dogs having allergic itching and scratching issues with these fillers in most commercial foods is that mold grows on them and they are processed for our pets.
- That doesn’t sound very appetizing and it is not good for our dogs.
- This cause of grain allergies in dogs makes perfect sense.
- Find more information on how to treat allergic reaction in dogs
Home Remedies of Grain Allergies in Dogs
- When choosing commercial brands of dog food, choose those that have animal protein as a main ingredient. Those are whole proteins that are required for optimum health for your pet.
- Start an elimination diet. Hold all products that contain wheat, corn, or soy.
- Choose foods your pet has not eaten before. He won’t have an allergic reaction to new foods because he has to be exposed to the food over a period of time to have a reaction.
- Stick to simple meals with a good protein and a carb. Follow faithfully for 2-3 months. Do not feed table scraps or extras. This will throw off your testing to find the nasty allergen that is really causing your dogs discomfort.
- Consult with your vet for proper choices if unsure.
- Treat the skin issues of scratching, itching, hot spots with home remedy’s to prevent further breakdown and give your dog relief.
- Home Remedies and Treatment for Itching Allergies In Dogs
- If antihistamines make your dog lethargic and drowsy, try a natural antihistamine like local honey. It helps stop allergies, and helps with inflamed irritated skin, Honey also boosts the immune system.
- Use a natural salve for excoriated areas where hot spots may have formed from the dog scratching intensely. Combine tea tree oil, almond oil,aloe vera, Vitamin D AND E, bees wax and carnuba palm wax to soothe and decrease itch and soreness.
- You may want to read more on Scratching Allergies in Dog
- Natural Tips and Allergy Relief For Dogs