Symptoms of Constipation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Stomach Aches And Pains
Causes of Grain Allergies in Dogs
- The problem with grains is that they are not whole proteins. They are missing 8 essential amino acids. Commercial dog food companies use them because they are good fillers, but they are not good for your dog.
- Also read sneezing causes and treatment for dog
- Grains can include wheat, soy and corn.
- That doesn’t sound very appetizing and it is not good for our dogs.
- This cause of grain allergies in dogs makes perfect sense.
- Find more information on how to treat allergic reaction in dogs
Home Remedies of Grain Allergies in Dogs
- When choosing commercial brands of dog food, choose those that have animal protein as a main ingredient. Those are whole proteins that are required for optimum health for your pet.
- Start an elimination diet. Hold all products that contain wheat, corn, or soy.
- Choose foods your pet has not eaten before. He won’t have an allergic reaction to new foods because he has to be exposed to the food over a period of time to have a reaction.
- Stick to simple meals with a good protein and a carb.
- Consult with your vet for proper choices if unsure.
- Treat the skin issues of scratching, itching, hot spots with home remedy’s to prevent further breakdown and give your dog relief.
- Home Remedies and Treatment for Itching Allergies In Dogs
- If antihistamines make your dog lethargic and drowsy, try a natural antihistamine like local honey. It helps stop allergies, and helps with inflamed irritated skin, Honey also boosts the immune system.
- Use a natural salve for excoriated areas where hot spots may have formed from the dog scratching intensely. Combine tea tree oil, almond oil,aloe vera, Vitamin D AND E, bees wax and carnuba palm wax to soothe and decrease itch and soreness.
- You may want to read more on Scratching Allergies in Dog
- Natural Tips and Allergy Relief For Dogs