Causes of Upset Stomach in Dogs
- Upset stomach in dogs is a GI disorder just like humans get. An upset stomach can occur simply because of a diet that is too rich, too much people food or just unhealthy eating.
- Upset stomach in dogs can be caused by stress, anxiety, viruses, bacteria, or parasites. You can read more about phobia in labrador and how to treat it.
- Read more about causes of separation anxiety in labrador retrievers
- It can be caused by intestinal parasites in the form of worms. These parasites can occur if a dog eats spoiled food or eats an infected flea.
- Read what are the causes of liver problems in labs and its treatment.
Symptoms of Upset Stomach in Dogs
- Vomiting and diarrhea may occur in upset stomach in dogs, but generally short term.
- As long as the dogs upset stomach does not progress to vomiting and diarrhea for more than 48 hours, and there is no long term loss of appetite or lethargy, there are some basic home remedies for dogs with upset stomach.
- If bloating occurs with upset stomach in dogs, seek professional assistance to determine the underlying cause.
- You may also like to read on symptoms of constipation in dogs
Home Remedies for Upset Stomach in Dogs
- Rest the gastrointestinal system by holding food for 24 hours for upset stomach in dogs. Do not withhold water. Have fresh, cool water available at all times.
- If diarrhea is present, plantain is a home remedy for upset stomach that is used to bulk the stool up a bit.
- Many times, “the pink stuff ” will be all the dog needs to handle a little diarrhea and upset stomach.
- You may also like to read canine ear yeast infection
- Ruta graveolens, the herb of grace, and Wormwood are natural herbal home remedies to promote good GI health and clean the blood in situations where internal parasites are the cause of upset stomach in dogs. They are natural herbs that have antibacterial properties without suppressing the immune system.
- Cloves and Neem are natural herbs that are pest repellents.
- Information on treatment of lameness in Labradors and how to treat diarrhea in labrador