Incidents wherein one’s pet dog ate soap are as common as black spots on a Dalmatian. Dogs, especially young pups, are naturally curious and love to chew. As this is the case, it’s common for pet owners to go rushing to the vet saying “help, my dog ate soap!”
Of course, pet owners cannot be blamed for panicking once they make the big discovery that their dog ate bar of soap.
What to Do If My Dog Ate Soap Bar
In most cases, Canines throw up food or any other material they’ve ingested that do not agree with their body.
- Loss of appetite
- Bouts of Vomiting
- Excessive slobbering and
Treatment and Prevention of Dog Ate Bar Of Soap
- Once the above symptoms manifest and they are manageable, do give the dog the proper treatment.
- Allow the pooch to drink a lot of water, small sips in frequent intervals.
- Once the dog gains a little strength, administer a bland diet to help it regain its natural gastrointestinal balance. One example of a bland diet is cooked white rice with squeezed-dry cottage cheese. If this works, then gradually mix the bland diet with the pet’s usual kibbles.
- If the dog fails to recover and even appears lethargic, rush to the vet immediately for it to have the proper treatment.
- Prevention is always better than cure, so it’s best to avoid having the soap, detergents, and other cleaning agents within the dog’s reach. This way, pet owners may never utter the distressed monologue, “help, my dog ate soap bar!”