Ivermectin for Dogs
- Ivermectin is used for many purposes; these include:
o Treatment of ear mites.
o Treatment of sarcoptic mange.
o Treatment of demodectic mange.
o Prevention and treatment of heartworm infections.
- The medication is actually approved by the FDA for use in the prevention and treatment of heartworm infections and other medical problems.
Ivermectin for Dogs Side Effects
Like most drugs, ivermectin has its share of side effects.
- Lethargy and lack of energy.
- Excessive salivation.
- Diarrhea and/or vomiting.
- Problems in coordination – this could be manifested by difficulty in walking or standing up.
Ivermectin for Dogs Cost
- The cost of ivermectin is low enough that dog owners can easily afford to give this to their pets. Because it can also be a preventative medication, it is worth the price paid.
- Because the advantages are more than risks, the treatment continues to be preferred by many pet owners no matter what.
Ivermectin for Dogs Overdose
- Dogs do not have the same body – size, height, body conditions, etc. Thus, the dosage for ivermectin is different among dogs. This also holds true among different dog breeds. Smaller breeds will naturally need less than larger ones.
- The problem here is that overdose could happen. Some dog species could not tolerate a dose of the medication. Such sensitive breeds include the Old English Sheepdog, Shetland Sheepdog, and Collies.
- Some dog breeds will need less of the drug to be cured.