Dogs, as much as babies, need care and love from their owners especially when it comes to their health. In order to spot whether or not the dog is sick, listed below are some sick dog symptoms and some remedies that can be dome.
Signs and Symptoms of A Sick Dog
- If the dog is unresponsive, this is one sure sign that he or she is not feeling well enough.
- Check the dog’s eyes.
- A runny nose that also has crusting or discharge is also another sign of sickness.
- Prolonged panting, irregular breathing, and possible shortness of breath may indicate that the dog is having a hard time breathing and should be brought to the veterinarian as soon as possible.
- A critical sign to note is when the intestinal activity of the dog is irregular. This means that there may be blood on the stool or simply consistent discharge of dog bowel.
- Foul odor also emanates from the dog particularly from the skin, ears, and mouth – this is different from the odor that the dog has when he or she has not been bathed in days.
- Another important behavior to notice in sick dogs is that the dog often shows depression, fatigue, anxiety or some trembling.
Home Sick Dog Remedies
- Feed the dog warm foods.
- Slower strides and limit the dog’s physical activities.
- Give adequate liquids to keep the animal hydrated.
- If the dog’s paws are sore, a good pine-tar paste can be used to soothe the pain.
- For dogs that are anemic, a diet of black grapes, papaya fruit, and dates included in the regular diet may be needed.
- Fruits like bilberry, elderberry, and blackberries may also be provided.
- Home Remedies for Sick Dog: Herbal and Natural Treatment for Ill Dog
- Puppies Car Sick: Causes and Home Remedies for Puppies Car Sickness
- Cat Has Blood in Urine: How to Diagnose, Home Remedies and Treatment
- Dog Flu Remedies: Home Remedies and Natural Treatment for Dog Flu
- Cat (Feline) Urinary Problems: Causes, Symptoms and Natural Home Remedies